"We get so preoccupied with ourselves, the words we speak, the plans and projects we conceive, that we become immune to the glory of creation. We barely notice the cloud passing over the moon or the dewdrops clinging to the rose petals...we are so accustomed to buying prepackaged meats and fish and fowl in supermarkets. We grow complacent and lead practical lives. We miss the experience of awe, reverence, and wonder."
Brennan Manning, The Ragamuffin Gospel

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Perceptions of nature

I have a favor to ask!

For my education class, which is focusing on adolescence, development/cognition, and culture, I have to do a research/collage project of sorts. We have to pick a topic, and then research it using everything and anything, by collect and record conversations and observations, articles, books, pictures, etc. (Basically, anything goes). Whatever our topic is, we will be making the connection to adolescence, culture, and development, as well as our content area (mine is obviously environmental ed.), and then delivering a presentation.

I am doing my topic on fear and/or love of nature, a.k.a biophilia and biophobia. I expect that my research will include past perceptions of nature, what people love or hate about nature, influences of how someone feels about and responds to nature, and anything else related to this topic.

So my favor is this: if you hear, see, remember anything related to this topic, please send me an email or call me and tell me what you saw/heard! If you're not sure, email me anyway, because it is supposed to be a wide-open topic. My email is ktbradley87 (at) yahoo.com.

I may even put up a word association type game later, as part of this. I figure my research will guide me on if and how I should do this.

Thanks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment